Monday, August 25, 2008

It's DiGiornos!

My lovely husband is not that good in the kitchen. From the Valentine's dinner that was too spicy hot to eat and burnt cookies to the rubber glove pan fire of 2007, my husband has a way with destroying food, pans, and kitchen utensils. Tonight on my way home from a late class, I called him suggesting we go out to celebrate my first day of work/school. The husband stated that he had a lot of work to do, but he would put a pizza in the oven, providing for his starving wife.

We went over the instructions together. Yes, I normally put it on foil on a cookie sheet. No, I don't wait for the oven to preheat. No, 6-8 minutes doesn't seem like the right amount of time. Oh... 6-8 inches from the bottom, yes, that sounds better. 19-21 minutes to bake is probably accurate. By the end of this conversation I was sure I would have dinner waiting for me when I got home.

Well, I did have dinner. Unfortunately, I left out an early detail in the process, how to remove the pizza from the box. He forgot to remove the cardboard piece from under the pizza, so every slice was cooked onto the cardboard. After scraping, prying, and sawing, we finally had dinner ready to consume. It wasn't delivery.

5 comments:

deedma said...

Great job!

yajeev said...

there's two sides to every story. check out my most recent post for mine.

Anonymous said...

A little cardboard - ahh, some added fiber!

yajeev said...

no--not a little cardboard...


let's just say there was a lot of fiber

Anonymous said...

OK, we know you've been busy making wonderful dinners since your husband is cooking-challenged, but when are we getting another blog!! (Oh, for his birthday do we get him Baking Pizzas for Dummies?!