Monday, August 18, 2008

Chinchillas v. Alicia

Alicia Sacramone had a rough night in the gymnastic team finals. She fell off the beam and stumbled through her floor routine. At the end of the evening, she was being interviewed. Her beautiful brown eyes filling with tears as she explained how she cost America the gold. The reporter was relentless asking more questions than a trampled gymnast should ever have to answer.

At the end, the satisfied reporter sent it back to the anchor woman in the studio. She said that Alicia's parents had a really tough job tonight, trying to reassure their daughter of her inherent worth. Then she said this is probably when her parents wish they were raising chinchillas.



I am sure many chinchilla owners can be overheard saying, "Thank goodness I don't have an Olympic gymnast daughter. I have my chinchilla."

Likewise, I am sure Alicia's parents can be overheard whispering, "If we would have only given birth to chinchillas..."

Thank you anchor lady for such insight.

7 comments:

deedma said...

La. Mad kudos too. I wish I could print these out.

yajeev said...

on a related note, when my little bro was a kid, he wanted to trade our mom in for an elephant.

i, on the other hand, just wanted to trade my mom in for the neighbor lady.

Lisa said...

Russ...

Hmmm, maybe someday.

Yajeev...

I hope you don't want to trade your wife in for the neighbor lady, an elephant, or a chinchilla. You do, however, get a bonus with this wife...a wantabe labradoodle. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

I just want a chincilla. If I ever accidentally have a kid, I definitely will be looking trade with a chincilla owner.

And I love the word verification. Very fun.

Lisa said...

Andy...

Yeah! Your comment made me very happy! What word did you have to verify? Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you and Sara were neither a chinchila or even a labradoodle!

Can you imagine the insensitivity of that reporter?? To one of the best athletes in the world, who just happened to have a bad day. I wonder what she ever accomplished?

Lisa said...

Mom-
I don't think alicia heard her say that, but still it was insensitive...not to mention hilarious. Where did she even think of chinchillas? I don't think they are super popular. The wantabe ladradoodle was referring to the Watson/Lisa combo VJ has found himself living with. Thanks for liking us for the species we are.